We hope the care and support we’ve provided to you, and the people close to you, met your needs and expectations.
We really value your suggestions about our services, so we would appreciate if you would take the time to let us know what you think. This will help us to provide the best possible care both for you and your family but also for future patients and their families. We would be enormously grateful to anyone willing to share their story through our newsletter, website and social media pages to illustrate how the hospice works and the positive effect our services can have.
There are a number of ways to tell us what you thought about Galway Hospice.
There are many ways you can share your feedback with us:
- Complete our online survey
The survey will take you less than five minutes to complete and will help us to celebrate where we are getting things right and to make changes or improvements where needed.
- Complete our comment cards which are located throughout the hospice
- Email us at email@example.com
- Write to: CEO, Galway Hospice, Renmore, Co Galway, H91 R2T0
Because some people are not sure what expect from Galway Hospice, it would be helpful if you would share your story with us. This will help us tell our story and help other future patients and families understand how those services could assist with their needs.
We work hard to offer high standards of care and support at all times but sometimes things go wrong. If you’re unhappy with the service that we provide, please let us know so we can improve and try to make sure other people have a better experience.
When something has gone wrong, we would like to, if possible, sort it out straight away.
- In the first instance the best person to approach is the person in charge of the service area. Any member of staff will be able to assist you identify who this is. Please relay your complaint or comments and they will try and resolve any concerns that you may have. We hope that any problems can be addressed immediately.
- If you would like to discuss issues further please feel free to ask to speak to a more senior member of staff.
- If you are not satisfied with the result please feel free to contact the CEO with your concerns which will then be dealt with as a formal complaint.
Post: Chief Executive, Galway Hospice, Renmore, Galway, H91 R2T0
What happens next?
- A written acknowledgement of your complaint will be sent to you within five working days of receiving it.
- You can expect that we will investigate the issues thoroughly and the Chief Executive will send a written response within thirty working days of receipt of your complaint, explaining the results of the investigation and any action taken.
- If it is not possible to send you a written response within thirty working days, the Chief Executive will write to you and explain why. If following this explanation, you wish to meet with the Chief Executive in person we will arrange an appointment for you.
Your Thoughts on Galway Hospice
Read what our previous patients and their loved ones thought about our services.
When the sun is shining – you took me outside for a few minutes – that was memorable each time.
Compassion, empathy, understanding, not rushed and very attentive
From the front door in….. Every member of hospice team were smiling, gentle, helpful, hands on, every minute day and night
My wife has been loud in her praise of the professionals from your Foundation who have visited her here and in other care settings. On every occasion these visits left her with a more positive mind set
Meeting the homecare nurse, she was so kind and supported and advised us every step on our journey
Continue to greet people with a smile and a word of encouragement from staff and volunteers. It all matters and helps.