Here you will find all our current vacancies. If you’re interested in applying for any current vacancy or if you wish to register your CV for future job opportunities, please download the Application Form or click on the job below.
Based in Galway, the Senior Medical Social Worker will, with the support of a broad Medical Social Work team, demonstrate leadership skills to develop the new Medical Social work Service in responding to the psychosocial needs of patient and family care. Areas of expertise will include assessment, counselling skills, family work, discharge planning with other multi-disciplinary team members and provision of bereavement aftercare. They will act as a resource person for all members of the multidisciplinary team in relation to the psychosocial aspects of the patient and family care.
- Possess the NQSW or equivalent and be registered with the Social Workers Registration Board of CORU as a Social Worker.
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience, with at least two years as a Medical Social Worker and preferably in palliative care/oncology.
- Experience of complex case management and multidisciplinary teamwork is essential
- Experience in bereavement, grief, and loss.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in supervision, leadership, and effective therapeutic intervention.
- Demonstrate initiative and innovation in service development and improvement.
- Knowledge and ability to manage risk to individuals, families, carers, self, and colleagues.
- Demonstrate skill in organising and planning
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Clean Full Driver’s Licence
- Intermediate level IT skills
Closing date for receipt of all applications is 10.00 a.m. Thursday, 8th June 2023
Interviews 20 & 21 June 2023
Informal enquiries can be made by telephoning Caroline Quinn/Aisling Kearney, Principal Medical Social Workers on 091-770868 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Please contact Ann Dolan, Director of HR firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed job description and Application Form
Based in Castlebar, Co. Mayo, the experienced Snr. Physiotherapist shall ensure the provision of a quality service to patients, from assessment to treatment, in line with best international standards and to enhance (insofar as is possible) the quality of life of the patients attending the Hospice Day Care and Inpatient Unit
- Be a registered with the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (ISCP) or CORU.
- Have at least three years satisfactory post registration experience
- Experience in a Hospital / Hospice setting is desirable
- Demonstrate evidence of up-to-date knowledge.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have experience of providing staff supervision desirable
- Have IT skills
Informal enquiries above can be made by telephoning Ms. Mairead Carr, Director of Nursing and Therapy Services, on 091-770868 or by email at email@example.com
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates who are interested in the above positions at Galway and Mayo Hospice.
Closing date for receipt of all applications is 10.00 a.m. Wednesday, 31st May 2023
Please contact Ann Dolan, Director of HR firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed job description and Application Form.
The successful candidate will help to ensure that a caring environment is achieved within the In Patient Unit (IPU), contributing to the highest possible quality of nursing care.
Candidates will have:
(i) Registration in General Nursing with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI
(ii) 12-18 months post graduate experience.
(iii) Experience in palliative care/oncology setting desirable but not essential.
(iv) Ideally, a PDip in Palliative care (or similar e.g. Oncology, Haematology, Gerontology) or a willingness to undertake same post probationary period.
(v) Other relevant experience will be considered.
(vi) A commitment to multidisciplinary teamwork
(vii) Possess well developed interpersonal and effective organisational skills suited to the ethos and environment of a Hospice setting.
Informal enquiries can be made by telephoning Ms. Mairead Carr (Director of Nursing) on 091-770868 or by email at email@example.com.
Please contact Ann Dolan, Director of HR firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed Job Description and Application Form
Galway Hospice Foundation is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Please feel free to contact Ann Dolan, Director of HR on 091 770868 or email@example.com with any queries or to discuss future recruitment opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in working with us.