Here you will find all our current vacancies. If you’re interested in applying for any current vacancy or if you wish to register your CV for future job opportunities, please download and complete the application form by clicking on the job below.
Arising from an expansion of our services, Galway Hospice is now recruiting the above post which can be based in either Galway or Castlebar. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the primary function of the role is to ensure that the Foundation systematically integrates quality and safety into the planning, implementation and performance of all services in a standardised manner to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients, service users and staff.
Candidates will have:
- A background in Clinical/Healthcare setting in a post that has involved quality and risk management as relevant to this role.
- An academic award in Risk Management or Quality at Level 6 (or higher) on the Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) framework or equivalent and/or a professional qualification in a health related area
- Experience of leading change in a complex organisation
- A proven track record in driving Continuous Improvement programs
- Experience of delivering training programmes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with audit management/CAPA (Corrective Action/Preventative Action) management programs strongly preferred.
- Excellent organization skills and project management.
- Able to work equally well as part of a team or independently
- Ability to travel approximately 25% required.
- Experience of team management and/or development.
- A strong working knowledge of quality standards such as CHKS, ISO, HIQA and quality systems
Informal enquiries can be made by telephoning Ms. Mary Nash, Chief Executive Officer on 091-770868 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of all applications is 2.00 p.m. Thursday, 30th July 2020
12 Month Fixed Term Position (1.0 WTE) to September 2021
Based in Galway, the Medical Social Worker will support the Principal Medical Social Worker in the provision of quality, patient-focused social work services and work as a member of the multidisciplinary team, providing a comprehensive and specialist range of social work support and counselling services to patients and their families.
Candidates will have:
- National Qualification in Social Work or hold a qualification which has been accredited by the National Social Work Qualifications Board
- CORU Registration
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience, with ideally one year as a Medical Social Worker
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Clean Full Driver’s Licence
- Intermediate level IT skills
- Interest/experience in the area of Oncology and Palliative care is desirable
Closing date for receipt of all applications is 12.00 noon Wednesday, 22nd July 2020
Interviews will take place week commencing 27th July 2020. Informal enquiries can be made by telephoning Ms. Caroline Quinn, Acting Principal Medical Social Worker on 091-770868 or by email at email@example.com
Please contact Ann Dolan, Director of HR firstname.lastname@example.org for a detailed job description and Application Form
Please feel free to contact Ann Dolan, Director of HR on 091 770868 or email@example.com with any queries or to discuss future recruitment opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in working with us.